The province capital of Tyrol, Insbruck, is situated in the Inn Valley, on the exit of the Wipp Valley surrounded by a beautiful alpine landscape. The city is crossed by the river Inn and separates the Upper from the Lower Inn Valley. Because of the location on the important intersection of the north-south connection of the Eastern Alps and the east-west connection via Arlberg, Insbruck is cultural, economic and tourist centre (Congress Centre) but also university town and exhibition centre. In 1964 and 1976 Insbruck was venue of the Olympic Winter Games.
Olympic Ski Jump Insbruck – , built for the 9th Olympic Games 1964 and rebuilt in 2002 by Zaha Hadid. In 1976 a second fire-bowl was erected for the second Olympic Winter-Games, which were also held in Innsbruck. City Insbruck (Innsbruck) received the futuristic new trademark – and it is a ski hill in Bergisel, which is primarily known for the tournament, “Four Hills Tournament. The Bergisel hill, which in 2001 designed the famous female architect Zaha Hadid is considered to be a sensation in architecture. Finishing in the form gibkog bandage that connects cafe, panoramic terrace and the run-up ramp. Those with the condition may be better than 455 steps to climb to the top of jumps. However, the rise of the cafes and restaurants as well as to patrol with a panoramic view of 360 degrees on the Tyrolean mountains is much more comfortable lift or elevator in the Tower Hills. This building is when it first opened to the public one of the most popular destinations in the province of Tyrol. Hours: daily from 09.00 to 17.00 hours.
Annasäule Innsbruck Austria – St. Anne’s Column, erected in commemoration of the retreat of the Bavarian troops who invaded Tyrol on St. Anne’s Day in 1703. In the middle of the Maria Theresa Street was donated in gratitude for liberation from the Bavarian incident on the day of Saint Anne (July 26) 1703 Tiroler of the Estates of this monument. At the top of the Corinthian column of red marble, a statue of Mary Immaculate perched on a crescent moon.
Innsbruck Rathaus Galerien – Town Hall with the new Rathaus Galerien. In this passage, designed of architect Dominique Perrault, one findes shops, restaurants und a 37 m high glass tower with 360° panoramic view.
The Golden Roof – This late gothic alcove, 16 metres high, was built around 1500 and is covered with 3.450 gilt copper shingles. Innsbruck Golden Roof shows in his reliefs Emperor Maximilian I and his two wives, Maria of Burgundy and Maria Bianca Sforza, furthermore Chancellor, jesters, Moreskentänzer and various arms. Today, there are replicas of the Golden Roof, the original reliefs are in the Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum to visit. Furthermore crest revealed, concealed references and symbols in the “Golden Roof” Erker said a complex work of art that reflects the self-Maximilians. Mystery is that the lettering tape behind the dancers on the reliefs of the Golden Roof still could not be deciphered.
Innsbruck – The Helblinghaus – An originally late gothic house which had been lavishly adorned with rococo stuccowork around 1730. The late medieval house, in which Sebastian Helbling in the 19 Century, led a cafe, was built in 1730 decorated with a magnificent stucco facade of Anton Gigl. Acanthus leaves, shells, putti, masks and more charm on walls and bay windows from the first until the 4th Floor and the great baroque gables.